11/18/2013
One step forward
But two steps back
Here I go again contemplating on making a decision
That will either make or break me
The feeling of being hopeless
Feeling that this is so unnecessary
That this plan will forever scar me
To know that I have a low self-esteem makes me unlikeable
Having no confidence
Having no ability to control my emotions
Makes a person less likely to even be interested
In me
But here I am complaining
When in reality I could be doing something about it
But I want to do it... I have to
I have this urge
This burden to get it off my back
The urge to make something of myself
The urge to show people that there’s a side of me that they
do not know
The urge to show others that I…
That I CAN do this
But then again
I think to myself quietly
Here I am…
Just standing like I can’t
Like I can’t do it
I’m afraid
And I can say it again
And again and again
As many times as I possibly could
Just to remind myself that
I AM AFRAID
I’m afraid…
I’m afraid of knowing the truth
Knowing the real, honest truth
Knowing that maybe they won’t like me
Knowing that once I show how I feel towards him
He may or may not be interested in me
There’s a win or lose situation for me
After all that I've done
After all that work I put into
After lying to myself over and over again
That I can do this
That maybe he MIGHT just like me
The anxiety feeling of wanting to take that risk but afraid
to fall back down again
That one chance to make things right
Just for once in my life
I wanted to feel accepted
That once I take that step
That little baby step
It will make a difference or maybe
Something might go wrong
Or who knows
Maybe it might not
That maybe I’m overreacting
Or just over analyzing
Or just overthinking to myself
That maybe saying hello or hi or even hey
Will make them disinterested
But of course no one wants to be rejected right?
So we’ll do whatever we can to either get out of that
situation or just not make the move
Well the first move anyways
But what can I do
I haven’t even taken the first step
No comments:
Post a Comment